Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Pot Thief Tour 2010 - Day 31

The final event of the four-days, four-different-towns, four events blitz, was at one of my favorite stops, The Black Cat Bookstore in Truth or Consequences. Who wouldn’t like a bookstore by that name in a town with that name? Rhonda runs the used bookstore at the north end of the historic downtown, serving coffee and pastries and hosting events like the poetry reading I attended and participated in. No, I’m not a poet, but they wanted me to read from one of my books. I saw a lot of faces from last year. When one man I recognized from last year said he wanted to buy the second book because he’d enjoyed the first, I asked him if he wanted me to sign it. He said he did, and I said, “John, right?” He almost fainted. What he didn’t know is that I had overheard Rhonda greet him when he came into the shop.

Mike Orenduff (putting my name here because Marilyn Meredith reminded me that the automatically added names are too small to read)

No comments:

Post a Comment