Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pot Thief Tour 2010 - Day 8

Those of you who’ve read my books know that the protagonist loves Gruet champagne, a bubbly produced here in the Land of Enchantment. So we left Magdalena this morning headed to the Gruet tasting room in Albuquerque to pursue a marketing idea hatched by Lai. “Since Hubie is always drinking Gruet and praising it,” she said a few months back, “why don’t you see if they will sell your books in their retail store?”

So this morning I did a search function on the final PDF interior of my books. I would tell Lai each page on which “Gruet” appeared, and she would mark it with a sticky. Then we took the books to Gruet, pointed out the references, and made the pitch. They didn’t give a final answer, but from the reception the idea got and the fact that the manager was reading the first books when we left, I think the Pot Thief books will soon be on the shelves next to wine glasses, gourmet foods, T-shirts (“constantly wining” reads one), and other Gruet paraphernalia. By now, you all know my mantra – outlets, outlets, outlets.

We left Albuquerque to spend the night in Santa Fe where we dined at Geronimo. I figure I’ll have to sell approximately 200 books tomorrow in Taos to cover the cost of the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment